Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Does anyone now how much yaz birth control cost?

It depends on if you have insurance and what kind of insurance you have. I have my prescription insurance through Express Scripts mail order service and a 3 month (3 packages) supply of Yaz costs me only $30 (so, about $10/month). If you have no insurance, drugstore.com sells Yaz for $57 per pack (you still need a prescription). If you don't have insurance and can't afford Yaz full price, you have some options. If you're a college student, most college pharmacies offer heavily discounted birth control - when I was in college I paid only $20/month for brand name Ortho Tri-Cyclen. You can also check out clinics like Planned Parenthood, who normally price birth control based on your income. You may even be able to get Yaz for free through Planned Parenthood, but you would have to become a patient of theirs to actually find out the cost.





On a side note, I've been very happy using Yaz and highly recommend it (actually, I use it to skip my periods). I used to be on generic Ortho Tri-Cylen (Tri-Previfem) which only cost me $15 for a 3 month supply. I think paying an extra $15 every 3 months to get Yaz is definitely worth it! Good luck!Does anyone now how much yaz birth control cost?
It depends. I know I am on Birth Control and I get my meds free. It also depends on what state you are living. Each Pharmacy is different.Does anyone now how much yaz birth control cost?
Mine costs 36 per pack
I know I'm not answering your question directly, but please read this as I truly believe it's important for every young woman to know. It is our body鈥檚 job to regulate hormones. It's a delicate balance and can be thrown off fairly easily. When we are put on hormone based bc, we are just adding strong Hitler-like hormones that force our bodies do as THEY want. Side effects range from a nuisance to causing a woman to stop releasing eggs. The less periods she has the more this is true. Not only is she not ovulating, but she is not preparing the way for a baby anymore either. When she quits taking hormones to have a baby, sometimes she can't ovulate. I met a woman who has been waiting for 3 years to have a period since she quit the pill. No ovulation, no baby. Only the body has forgotten to ovulate. The pill is still doing what it's been designed to do, and it's strong. When I was choosing a bc method, I researched them all. Those who use the IUD can have horrible side effects on a woman's fertility. If perforation, embedding, or pelvic infection occurs, the uterus or tubes may become damaged and lower the chance of pregnancy. In cases of severe damage or infection of the uterus, a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) may be required, resulting in permanent sterility. I've seen this more than once, so it must happen fairly often. What I鈥檝e found after research is the diaphragm and the cervical cap. They are like female condoms, you can't feel or see them and neither can he. You put spermicide on it and this kills any trouble makers trying to get past the barrier. If you follow directions as to how to use it and do so exactly, it's as effective as the pill. Another good thing is that it costs about 35$ and you don鈥檛 have to replace it for a really long time. The doctor will fit you to get the right size and to show you how to put it in, how long to keep it in, and remove it. It's easier than to remember to take a pill everyday when you鈥檙e not going to have sex everyday. You just have to remember it when you鈥檙e going to have sex. If you forget it, of course it doesn鈥檛 work at all. If periods are an issue regarding sex, it won't be anymore. The diaphragm holds the blood over night. It was my favorite bc method. However like the pill, it doesn't protect against std's, or the possibility of getting a disease that will kill you.


Peace......sorry for the long answer


physicians assistant ret.
It depends on the pharmacy that you use and your insurance coverage. Most insurance companies cover up to a certain percentage of the cost of the drug (I know for Yasmin I usually pay only about $4 per prescription because my insurance covers the rest). It also depends on the pharmacy you use...some pharmacies have higher dispensing fees than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment