Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I wanna start taking a birth control pill but I dont know how much it's gonna cost me.?

Any idea how much it would be? including the doctor's fee... Thanks.I wanna start taking a birth control pill but I dont know how much it's gonna cost me.?
If your insurance doesn't cover prescriptions, it's about $40/month.I wanna start taking a birth control pill but I dont know how much it's gonna cost me.?
There is no way to know as we don't know what your clinic charges for an office visit nor whether you have insurance or not. Each type of birth control will cost different amounts depending if the doc orders generic or name brand etc.
Most insurances cover this. You might have a co-pay. If yo don't have insurance, you can call your doctor's office and ask them how much it is. You can call the pharmacy and ask about the costs. If it's too much, contact planned parenthood. They provide visits and BC at a lower cost.
Different forms of birth control cost different amounts. I am not sure how old you are, but when I was 17 I went planned parent hood and the exam and pills were free, they just ask that you make a donation.


Later in life while living in Virginia I went to the health department, and they based exam and depo shot on my income which is free or up to I believe 75%


If I were you I would call the health department, if they don't do it ask if they know where you can go. And go from there.
do you have insurance? Most insurances I think pay for it.... both the visit and the prescription.... contact me if you want
walmart offers many prescriptions of just FOUR DOLLARS, they have dozens of them offered, go to walmart.com check out the brands offered for 4 dollars then talk to your Dr about them.
alot of money
planned parenthood should be able to get you going for less than 20 bucks a month if you don't have any insurance. you may have to pay like 50 bucks for your first appointment with them. just look up your nearest clinic on google or the yellow pages.
Here is an example from a reputable online pharmacy:


http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/bcp-hormo鈥?/a>


It is a 3 month supply for $56. But, I think you can get them free from Health Department.
Start any where from $50 and up for birth controls, and Doctor visit up to $100, unless if you have a heallth insurance. You don't have pay the doctor visit. You will be paying the Co-payment. Depend on your health insurance provider give you the policy or booklet.





Depend on what's kind the birth control are you look for? In most birth control are precipitation. Your doctor will give you the precipitation.


If you are underage, you can't get birth control. You have to wait till you reach 18 goes by the law.
My pill is $10/mo with insurance, without insurance it's $20, it's Necon, it's a cheap pill, works good. A visit, if you don't have insurance and they know that, they'll usually give you a 30% discount if you ask the office manager nicely, and it should only cost you around $80 and sometimes they can set up a payment plan with you as well. It's cheaper in the long run that having a baby,that's for sure, so you should definitely look into it and ask questions about the cheapest options for you!





Edit: and for the girl who said wal-mart offers many prescriptions for $4, that is true, but you have to have insurance and I'm assuming if you're asking howmuch all this costs then you don't have insurance, so be careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment