Friday, January 22, 2010

How do i go about getting a birth control pill? How much do they cost? How long do I wait til I have sex?

Hi, I'm a 17yr old female in Australia and just want to make sure I don't get pregnant and was wondering where I could get the birth control pill? and if I'm too young to go see a doctor about this? and if I'm not what procedures do I go through and the costs as well?





thank you in advance...How do i go about getting a birth control pill? How much do they cost? How long do I wait til I have sex?
You are not too young to see a doctor. I would advise it. They are going to be your best bet on getting birth control. Cost depends on insurance coverage. I don't know how it is in Australia, but some of the local chain stores offer $9.00 Rx for birth control. I recommend using a back-up method(like a condom) for the first month that you are on the pill. Call your local OBGYN to schedule an apt.How do i go about getting a birth control pill? How much do they cost? How long do I wait til I have sex?
Im in the USA but here if you don't want to go to your Dr. there are clinics you can go to or also planned parenthood clinics. Is there something like that there for you to go to? Look in your local yellow pages tele book for clinics or medical clinics.


Good luck. you are being a responsible young adult for inquiring and not just going without. Best covered than not covered.
You have to go to the doctor. They have to write a prescription for the pills. they also have to do a pap smear before they will prescribe anything. if you have health insurance, they usually pay a portion of the cost.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment