Friday, January 22, 2010

How much does it cost for international students to get birth control pill from Planned Parenthood?

I'm an international student and thinking about getting birth control pill from Planned Parenthood.


I have no income in U.S., and I have insurance which all undergrad student in my college have to get. I'm not sure about the insurance, so if in the case that the insurance does not cover the cost for the pills, how much do you think I need to pay?How much does it cost for international students to get birth control pill from Planned Parenthood?
In my situation, as a american citizen but with a low student income (they just ask how much you make) I was given a free exam, free STD testing, free birth control pills and a brown baggie of free condoms. (yea!)


Planned Parenthood is very understanding, and Im sure they will work with you to get you what you need at a low (if any) cost.


The best thing is just to go to a clinic, talk to the woman at the desk and she'll answer all your questions.


If you have some sort of insurance, the MOST you could expect to pay, even if you went for a perscription from a more costly gynocologist, would be somewhere from $25-$30 dollars per each month of pills. Planned Parenthood would cost much less.





good luck!How much does it cost for international students to get birth control pill from Planned Parenthood?
I've been to planned parenthood. Once i turned 18 they charged me 20 a pack. If under 18 it should be free though i'm not sure about international, you can check out their site at





www.plannedparenthood.org

Report Abuse



I would start at your student health center. they can advise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment