Friday, January 22, 2010

How much do birth control pills normally cost?

That depends on your prescription, insurance, and where you go to fill your prescription. Planned Parenthood offers low-cost pills (sometimes in the $15-20 a month range, with no insurance). Many chain pharmacies like Kroger or Wal-Mart have a generic prescription program with relatively cheap drugs.





Sprintec, the generic version of Ortho-Cyclen, is available at these places for pretty low prices (Sprintec @ Kroger is $24 for three months with no insurance.) Talk with your health care provider about if those would be good choices for you, as everyone has a different response to different pills, and you may need to try different prescriptions to find one you like. Your provider will need to write you a prescription for the pill, so it's good to come into your appointment knowing that cost is a concern and which pills are affordable options for you.





Good luck!How much do birth control pills normally cost?
it depends on if you have health insurance or not. if you do, it will probably only set you back as much as your co-payment is, usually $25. if you dont, go to your local health clinic or planned parenthood office and they will give you a few forms to fill out, give you a quick exam, go over birth control options, and it wont cost a dime. its all done on a slider scale. but dont expect to pay over $25. word of advice, dont go to a gyn. without insurance. you will pay out the ***. just go to the health department, i did. no shame in it.How much do birth control pills normally cost?
It does all depend on your health care provider. I was on orth-try- cyclen-lo and with my insurance i only paid 25 a month, but still that's pretty pricey! After I ran out of my prescription from my gyno I decided to go to Planned parenthood to see what it's like. I said I didn't have a job and they gave me 13 packs of my same brand (cause I asked for it) for free! I'm sure not all Planed Parenthood places are like that but you should go just to check it out like I did. I will never go back to a gyno for birth control ever!
$20-$30 depending on what type they may be a little cheaper if you have insurance. My sister does not have insurance and she pays $25 per pack, but they told us if we buy all 12 packs at once they will give them to her for $22 a pack.
it depends if no insurance you can get them free from your local health department. otherwise probably no more than $10-20 with insurance, if that much.
make sure that whatever pill you get put on has a generic. I am on Yaz and pay $40 a pack with insurance because there is no generic for it so far. It's a bummer
a

No comments:

Post a Comment