Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How much should it cost for us to get our Defrost Control replaced by a professional on our Maytag Refrigerat?

We had it replaced and the same day we called. The person charged us $378.00. We think we got ripped off. We live in San Antonio Texas.How much should it cost for us to get our Defrost Control replaced by a professional on our Maytag Refrigerat?
I paid $350. My guess is the cost will vary by where you are located so I think $378 is not unreasonable and considering different models have different costs for similar parts. My unit was a GE but they (GE and Maytag) are about the same I think. I was worried I got ripped off too but I called a few places after that and it turns out its a standard cost. they don't bill by the hour but instead by the job to be performed. Sucks because it took the guy 10 minutes. Check into recalls. 2-3 months after I got mine replaced, I got a letter from GE saying the part was covered udner a recall so I got a $100 refund. Try doing a search for Maytag and defrost recalls and see what comes up. You'll need to the year and model of your unit.How much should it cost for us to get our Defrost Control replaced by a professional on our Maytag Refrigerat?
I would say you got ripped off, but that's how they make their money. You pay for the part (at leaste double and a half). you pay the guy for his labor and knowledge. You pay for his insurange. You pay for the truck, gas, unemployment, rent, and everything else. It's a shame, but it costs money to run an appliance repair business and still make a profit.
Post your model number to any of these fine forums and ask them if you got ripped off. Very interesting.


http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.ph鈥?/a>


http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/


http://applianceguru.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment